When a child first moves into a single bed it is not unusual for them to fall out of it.
Age appropriate toddler beds are designed with this in mind and have protective sides
to ensure toddlers feel safe.
Below are 5 things you can do to keep your little ones safe:
- Choose a bed that is low to the ground and has protective sides.
- A toddler bed will feel cosy and will be a safe step towards a “big” bed.
- Make sure you childproof the bedroom with safety catches on windows and doors, and secure furniture to the walls.
- Clear toys and objects away at bedtime – especially things that could be used for climbing, such as a toy box or stool.
- On the day you introduce the bed, consider putting a stair gate across the bedroom door to stop nighttime wandering.
A toddler bed will feel not only cosy, but with protective sides, it is a safe step towards a big bed helping to prevent your little one falling out.